Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

The Little Girl at Walgreens


I thought this was cute: today my mom and I left Haven with my Dad and Chris (when we came back she was smoking cigars and belching--but that's not what this post is about). We left her so we could go get a flu shot. What a fun mother/daughter outing, no? Anyway, there was a line of people in front of us including a mother with her young daughter. The little girl must have been about 7 or 8. She was nervous about getting her flu shot. Her dad went first and she asked him if it hurt. He said no, but you could tell that she didn't really believe him.


My mom started talking to the little girl (her name was Disney, if you can believe it). She told her that she loved shots when she was a kid because she got a sucker. You could read the naked fear on her little face. But, when it was her turn she didn't cry a bit. I told her she was very brave. And then it was our turn. And the cute part? She held my hand while I had mine done just in case I was frightened. She was precious.

No comments: