Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hey, I Did That!





People are making headlines right now for eating bizarre and "wonderful" foods from Beijing. Last night on the television they were talking about eating fungus soup. I didn't have the soup when we were there, but I did order the fungus (like a mushroom), and it was yummy. We ate some of the best food I've ever had...I still crave it. There are quite a few pictures on the internet of people sampling the fried scorpian from the Night Market. We tried that too. And so, in the spirit of the Olympics and an ode to our trip, I thought I would post some pictures of some of the strange and wonderful food we sampled.


2 comments:

Sarah Taylor said...

Yeah, I don't think I would have tried most of those things. Well, maybe. But I'm proud of you for trying them! What I want to know is what the heck is in the glass in the last picture? (All that comes to mind is an Alka Seltzer dropping into water to chase all the odd stuff you downed earlier???)

Chris and Jane said...

It's some kind of liquor with a ginger root in it. It was horrible, by the way. The best thing was the fruit on the stick with the wonderful sugar glaze...yum! I ate that quite a few times.