Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Wonderful World of Customer Service

I just had the most frustrating, amusing experience with a "Customer Service Professional" that I've had in awhile and to brighten everyone's day I thought I should share it: my bill with Comcast has gone up over $10 in the past two months (since we live out in the sticks, we use cable for our internet connection); anyway, I don't care for unexplained charges and decided to call customer service. After five minutes of unintelligible explanations about how the "state" wanted an increase in price, how my "promotional offer" had expired (now its a "promotional" offer when before it was just the regular old fee), I finally said matter-of-factly, "so Comcast took a rate increase." And the answer I was given: "No, there was an increase in billing, but not the price." Oh, I see. Now, why didn't he just say so in the first place? All I needed was a clear, logical explanation. If anyone needs me, I'll be spending the day banging my head on my desk.

No comments: