Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bruised

My neighbor thinks that I am a battered wife. No joke. I come over to her house all the time to talk to her and have bruises all over my legs. This last week I tried being clipped into my bike for the first time and went around my car, not knowing that there was a bunch of stuff from the shed that Chris had pulled out onto our driveway. Needless to say, I did not get unclipped in time. I have a huge bruise on my thigh.


Last week Chris and I went mountain biking and although I didn't fall off my bike this time (which, come to think of it, may be the only time EVER I haven't had a spill on that bike), I still had bruises. I went to my neighbor's house the next day to celebrate her birthday and she pointedly asked me about them. She also said, "you always have alot of bruises, Jane." And left it at that. I was slightly embarrassed because I knew what she was implying and she left it open for me to talk if I needed to. Obviously, I went home and told Chris that the next time he made me angry (like denying me an iphone yet again), I was going to go talk to Monika. All joking aside, I admire her for caring enough to check on me. Most women either wouldn't notice or they wouldn't feel comfortable saying something. I hope that I would be alert enough to recognize the signs if I saw them and to respond without being accusatory.

Oh, and if you think that I'm getting Man Thighs from all my biking, I am. It's very sad.

No comments: