Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Home Sweet Home





Whew! I finally got to sleep in my own bed for the first time in weeks. Chris's grandpa died last week so we went to Texas for the funeral the morning after I returned from California. Haven and I are both exhausted. That girl is a trooper handling 3 different time zones in a matter of two days. I feel like I deserve some kind of award. I don't know what for, but there should be some award given for traveling two hours on a plane with a toddler then jumping in the car for a 5 hour trip in less than 24 hours.

Haven took one look at her daddy and refused to be separated. She had one really rough night when we first got to Pampa and was up for a few hours in the middle of the night. It was too dark in the room for me to see her (which may have been why she didn't want to go back in her pak n'play), but Chris told me that she kissed and hugged him over and over. That kind of explains why he was so easy going about her keeping us up in the wee hours of the morning. I don't think he minded in the least.

She really enjoyed playing with her cousin, Teegan. Who was the sweetest, gentlest little 2 year old ever. She held Haven's hand and led her around the yard, picked flowers for her. They gave each other kisses and hugs when they left.

Haven also loved Griz. I don't think the feelings were reciprocated, however.


No comments: