Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Man Trips & Girl's Week

Chris and two of his brothers just returned from Man Time (it's capatalized because they went mountain biking in Moab, Utah and you can't get a more testosterone laden trip than that). I stayed home and hung out with my two sister-in-laws, Jenny and Eileen--technically, Eileen is my sister-in-law-to-be, but in just two months it will be official. We also had Jenny's two female dogs (I make that distinction because there truly was not a male on this place for 4 days).

Jenny came up with a saying, "What happens at Jane's house, stays at Jane's house" and thus I am unable to divulge any real information. I can say there was alot of eating and talking. We discovered that all of the boys share an affinity for kitchen knives and are over-reactive when someone places knives in the stainless steel kitchen sink. Weird. I wonder if there is a gene gone awry that would cause this?

The guys came back spent from their vacation, and I can honestly say that I think I spoke more words in 4 days than I have all year long. It was great fun, but we missed Carrie. Family gatherings are not the same without her.

Chris took the camera with him on his trek, so I don't have any pictures of us girls--probably just as well because then there would be evidence. Chris informed me that he jumped off of this cliff with his bike:

And he has video to prove it--which wasn't the wisest move on his part because it will not help his case when he wants to take this trip again in the future. I reminded him before he left that he had a small child that is quite dependent upon him. Because I know that when he gets with his brothers there will be an over abundance of dare-devilish stunts. I grew up with Chris and his brothers.

Haven fell in love with her aunties. But, we were all cast aside when Daddy walked through the door. And now, she and I are headed to California tomorrow to meet up with my mom, dad, and grandma. Chris will be bachelorizing. I don't know if two weeks of strictly male influence is going to be harmful or not.



1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun, but more than a little jealous I wasn't there. :( Oh well, life goes on. Can't wait to see you in a few months!!!