Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lessons

Last night was our first childbirth class at the hospital. I found the instructor to be quite amusing...especially her lack of humor. When she went around the room and asked each couple what they wanted to get out of the class or what in particular they wanted to learn some of the men had especially funny answers like, I'd like to learn where to park, or I'd like to learn how to breath while my wife labors. My favorite answer though was when one guy told her he wanted to learn breastfeeding. Everyone but the instructor laughed at that. It wasn't that she was snobby, it was just that she was so into what she had to teach that she got this really serious look on her face and told him we were going to go over that in Class 6. I doubt we go over breastfeeding in the way he was wanting. We'll see.

I thought the class was rather nice in that they teach your labor coach how to massage you and breath with you. And they make the guys do all the work. Unfortunately, it's a bit difficult to stare into each other's eyes and practice deep cleansing breaths without wanting to burst into laughter like a bunch of 8 year olds. At least Chris and I had a hard time. Maybe we're not mature enough to be parents yet, I don't know.

1 comment:

Sarah Taylor said...

Ha! That's hilarious! I would have had to snicker, too. Did you guys see Baby Mama? It's kinda goofy, but you'll have to see it so you can see that birth instructor...she's TOO much!