Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's already January! Where did last month go? Our last guests have just left. We've had family in town for about two weeks, thus the blogging lag. I'm pretty tired, but the house seems very quiet without people in it.

Our Christmas was wonderful. Nice and low key with yummy food. What more can you ask for? My brother, David, and his wife, Christine, were here from Dallas for a week and a half, and my dogs fell in love with them. Trudy didn't even need me while they were here. I wish we got to see them more.

Carrie and Jacob came on New Year's Eve to spend about 5 days with us. We always enjoy our time together. Carrie gave a presentation at our church about their work in China that had Chris and I in tears. It was the picture of Jacob with Hannah when she was about two years old that made me nearly lose it. Darn pregnancy hormones. I hate crying in public.

Well, that about sums up the past two weeks in as little detail as possible! I hope your holiday was extra special.

2 comments:

Chris McKean said...

If pregnancy hormones are you excuse what was mine?

Sarah Taylor said...

SYMPATHY-pregnancy-hormones! It goes along with sympathy weight gain, sympathy aches and pains... All really good hubbies share in the "difficulties" of pregnancy. So, good job.

That picture was breathtaking, though! Happy New Year to you two!