Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Baby McKean


My sister-in-law requested an update on our little one. I don't have much to report other than the fact that he or she appears to be growing just fine...according to my pant size. I'll be 4 months along this coming Friday--but look about 6 months if you ask me. My morning sickness has mostly gone (thank you, God!).

My last visit was about a week and a half ago. The nurse had me step on the scale and weigh and fortunately for me it's in kilograms. So, I wasn't even in triple digits yet! Can you believe that? Actually, I've gained more than I'm supposed to (but, I'm not telling how much) and when my midwife came into the room after the nurse, she told me there was a woman out in the hall that wanted to talk to me. I told the midwife I didn't want to talk to the out-in-the-hall-lady. I assumed I was about to get a lecture for being such a glutton. The midwife thought that was pretty funny.
The lady wanted me to be a part of some medical study. My mom went with me to the appointment, and this lady told me it was a good thing I brought my mom--you had to have a guardian consent for you if you were under age. I will be 30 in November. How embarrassing.

We have an ultrasound scheduled for the middle of October to find out the sex of the baby (yes, I am one of those people that cannot wait) and to make sure all his organs are developing properly.
So, what do you think, Carrie? Boy or girl? I'm curious to know what your guess is. Or anyone else's for that matter. Unless you're like Chris and refuse to play this game.
BTW: Hannah has already decided on names. It differs daily but the three I've heard most often are: La Su, La Gu, and La Lu. All said with Chinese accents. Chris has a picture somewhere of Hannah pretending to be me...with a pillow under her night gown. It's pretty cute. If I can find it I'll post it soon.



4 comments:

Chris McKean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris McKean said...

That is a gorgeous smile and you look beautiful honey.

Carrie said...

I had a dream last night that it was a girl who you named Grace T. McKean. Not sure what the T stood for... ;) But, I actually THINK it will be a boy. How's that for getting both sides in! You do look really cute, and I love that all of Hannah's names sound very Chinese-y. So, do you have name ideas?

Sarah Taylor said...

Beautiful baby! You're doing a great job!