Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things:

The other evening, Chris asked me what some of my favorite moments were of us together. We've had so many moments. But, I'd just like to highlight a few of my most favorite:



1. When Chris was trying to tell me how he felt for me (finally!), I thought he was asking me for Christian dating advice, and I wouldn't speak to him for a week.

2. After our first date, he said, "thank you for spending time with me." I am not into romantic, gushy stuff...but, I thought that was one of the sweetest things anyone had ever said to me.

3. When Chris proposed, he was so nervous he put the ring on the wrong finger. And, then accused me of not helping him out by putting it on the right finger (I was really distracted by the diamond).

4. In 8th grade I had a boyfriend who wasn't Chris, but I spent most of my time at the Pampa football games with Chris's arm around my shoulder.

5. When Chris surprised me out of the blue one day and said I could finally get a puppy. And, then surprising me again with Trudy who he said was the ugliest dog he'd ever seen.

6. Chris telling me he'd loved me the moment he met me and actually remembering the first time we'd seen each other at church just before we started 4th grade.

7. Before we were dating, staying up til 5 in the morning listening to Chris discuss Einstein's theory of relativity ( I didn't have a clue what he was talking about, but he looked so cute and was so excited that I didn't have the heart to tell him none of it made sense to me).

8. Again, before we were dating, we were watching the Texas vs. Oklahoma game (this is a big deal, folks), and we went to get a cup of coffee together. We sat down at a table and didn't say a word, but just grinned at each other. Just being with him made me happy, and I think he felt the same.

9. Chris would call this our first date (he's wrong) when he took me out for Pho for the first time. And, he didn't eat but insisted on paying for mine. I was a pretty independent girl at the time, and we weren't even dating yet, but he was such a gentleman (except for trying to sneak a kiss in later that evening).

10. I know I should say my wedding day, but being married is more memorable than one day and my favorite trip with him was snorkeling in Cozumel. We held hands while we snorkeled. And we snorkeled all day!

No comments: