Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Eight Months and Counting



You know how I told Chris I was pregnant in order to test his reaction compared to the Belgian beer? Well, I guess I really was pregnant! Good thing we had a practice run because Chris did better the second time he was told.

We found out on Saturday morning, although Chris claims he knew a couple of days before because apparently I was complaining about feeling nauseated. I don't keep track of my ills from day to day, but he suspected and I didn't. So, imagine my wonderful surprise when I saw the plus sign on the pregnancy test. I took the evidence and handed it to Chris. He didn't say a word, just stared at it for a moment. And, then I think I detected (happy) tears in his eyes. We had to tell someone our good news, so we decided to just share it with our parents for now. This worked out fine until Sunday morning, when after church, Dawn, the pastor's wife walked up to me and said, "Jane, you look terrible. Are you pregnant?" I couldn't lie, so I fessed up. Amazingly enough, some friends, Matt and Ashley who just happened to be coming over for dinner that night, just found out that they are expecting a baby in about 8 months! So, the cat was out of the bag...we couldn't keep the news from the rest of our family if the whole church knew.

We're very excited about having a baby and nervous at the same time. Please be praying for us! As soon as I found out I began to be fearful about losing it which isn't very joyful to dwell on because we want this baby so badly. I know that God's hand is in this. When we were moving to ABQ, I told Chris that when we had kids, I would really like to have a network of friends that could support us and most especially some girlfriends who were having or had kids in order to share the experience and give advice. I'm excited about the whole experience, but most especially because I met Sarah Taylor at church who happens to be a doula and who has agreed to coach me through this process.

6 comments:

Sarah Taylor said...

Believe me, dear Jane, I think I might be just as excited as you! I am so honored to be a part of welcoming precious baby McKean! It's such an amazing miracle to behold. And don't you fear... It's simply mind-boggling the number of provisions in the word specifically related to the health and well-being of your baby, to your own comfort and peace and to having a completely blessed and redeemed birth! God is good!

I love you guys, and am SO excited for you both. This is the best thing you'll ever do... (And, by-the-way, that's an amazing pic!)

Clay said...

Wow Xiao Ai (Hannah) will be an Auntie. Happy for you both. Love, Pam

joe and karen said...

Congratulations. I am thrilled for you and Chris. But I am also excited for granny's mahoota and conniria and the peepaws.
Karen

lisa k. said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you two as well as Matt & Ashley!

Sarah Taylor will be a great coach. She has been my friend since she was a little girl, and she has wisdom beyond her years when it comes to being a mommy. This should also take some of the pressure off me from my wonderful "You guys should have a baby" friend Dawn. (I love you, Dawn!)

By the way, if you haven't figured out who I am, I'm the piano player at EBF; I also teach 5th and 6th grade at ECS. We're having a snow day today (yay!!), so I've been lounging in bed enjoying your blog. It's very entertaining and thought-provoking.

Enjoy every moment of the exciting new life God's created!

Carrie said...

I'm going to be a REAL aunt! Yay! :) Love you both...

Chris and Jane said...

Thank you, everybody! We're now scheduling future babysitters! Love to you all! Jane