Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Cute Little Nephew


This is Grizzly Keagy...he's the newest addition to my brother and sister-in-law's household (David & Christine are pictured above the puppy in case you were wondering who those folks are). Unfortunately, Grizzles lives in Dallas and therefore, I haven't got to meet him yet. In fact, I don't get to see his parents often enough either.

For those of you that don't know, I moved with David to Dallas in June, 2003. We lived in the Village which is basically a few city blocks of apartments in the middle of Dallas that are primarily occupied by twenty-somethings. Needless to say, we had some fun times. Our upstairs neighbors just happened to be two cute girls, one of whom is now my sister-in-law. Christine admits she thought David was pretty handsome, but thought he had a live-in girlfriend (me). All four of us hung out regularly and both Christine and Tracey (the other cute girl) became two of my closest friends. We went to Arkansas for football games...where I learned how to scream "pig suey"; we wrote "beef cake" with David's birthday cake icing in his shower; we cooked each other dinner; invaded each others apartments, went on road trips together...and then I suppose David decided he'd had enough of being friends with Christine and decided to make it more permanent.

It was hard to leave our friends behind when we moved here, but most especially David and Christine. And, then they went and got a puppy to make it even more irresistible. I'm hoping this post will encourage them to take a trip to come see us. So what if you have a new job, David...let them know how indispensable you are by taking some time off!

No comments: