Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Trudy Puts the "No" in Nose.

It's the beginning of a new season...time for Trudy to get injured yet again. In case you are keeping track, this will be number 4 in the 5 1/2 months that we've had her. I'm not sure who suffers the most when she hurts, but I suspect it is me since she seems fine the next day.

This newest injury (following the attack by two dogs in Madrid resulting in 10 stitches, the cut on her side from the gate, and the scraggly black dog that jumped our fence and took a chunk of her behind with him) was actually caused by her bestfriend and neighbor, Luna. Poor Luna, she was chewing a bone, and Trudy felt like she should share. I wasn't far away when I heard Trudy cry out. It was so awful, she looked like someone who had been punched in the nose. I picked her up and noticed that a good chunk of the side of her nose was missing. My poor, sweet baby, she went next door after I checked her out, went right up to Luna and licked her. I wonder if they make humans that sweet? I had to leave my sweet girl with her sweet daddy for my trip to Tracey's wedding. I hope they're taking care of each other.

No comments: