Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Crazy Man

For as long as I've known Chris...and that has been a long time, he has always been subject to injuries. I find this to be quite disconcerting. I should preface this by pointing out that he gets injured because he is a crazy man not because he is klutzy. He has more scars on his body than Frankenstein. In fact, he comes home everyday with a new and amazing (according to him) ailment. Two days ago he jammed his finger so bad he thought he broke it. Does this keep him from playing basketball again the next day? Of course not! And did he call his wife to tell her? No, apparently a possibly broken finger is not worthy of mention. I told him if I broke my finger I would expect a huge amount of sympathy on his part (I've never broken anything).

I hate to admit this, but there is something about his iron will that I admire. Last fall he was dunking a basketball and a guy accidentally crashed into him, and Chris fell to the floor like a load of rocks. To him, its all in day's work. And there is no use in trying to get him to rest, recuperate, or lay low for even a little bit. I threaten to call his mom all the time, but it never does any good. Majaunta, thank you for raising such a tough son...now, who's going to help me take care of him when we're old and his parts are all worn out???

No comments: