Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

How it Really Is


I read this blog alot. She makes me laugh. She did a post a couple of days back about parenting mishaps. Instead of moms blogging about all the joys of motherhood, she wanted to link to posts that showed how it really is. I have lots of stories about how it really is. Here is one:

I had a couple of friends over last week who have babies around Haven's age. There was Molly signing "please" when she wanted a drink, giving hugs when she left. There was Isaac playing calmly with the toy plastic food, sitting in the highchair without fussing (he did hit Haven in the head with a wooden spoon, but there wasn't any real malice behind it--he just wanted to know how it sounded). And there was my Haven, demanding a drink from her sippy cup (by yelling), with her toy of choice: the lighter from the pellet stove. Will my child be the one that the other kids can't play with?

I'm always interested in funny stories, so if you have one, I'd like to hear it.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love her blog too... and appreciate the keeping it real spirit from both of you. :) As I'm not a mother, I don't have any personal stories to share... but I get a kick out of reading others'.