Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kicking


Haven (that's what we're naming our little girl) has finally been letting her mommy know that she's around. Actually, she's let me know she's around in quite a few ways ever since the beginning, but I've felt her little flutters for about two weeks now. Well, now that I know that it is her, and not just my stomach being weird, it has been much longer than just two weeks. In fact, Chris was even able to feel her little bubbles the other night for the first time, but there was a football game on so I'm not sure he really absorbed the moment.

This morning at 5 when Chris's alarm clock went off, she was apparently wanting to get up with him. I was talking to her, and she gave me a nice firm little kick. Already sassy. There's really nothing quite like feeling your baby kick. I would go through all the morning sickness, all the headaches, all the other even less glamorous aspects of pregnancy to get to feel that again.

I am sometimes still a bit gun shy from losing our first baby and tend not to write about this one as much as I want to. I honestly don't understand how you can love someone so much that you haven't even met. I don't know what she looks like, although I've prayed numerous times that she will have Chris's eyes. I can't even imagine what kind of personality she will have, although if her name has any bearing on it, she will be a calm and peaceful child. That will be a work of God for sure if Chris and I can produce that kind of baby. Anyway, it doesn't matter because we will accept her no matter how she comes. And, I already know I'll be jealous if she loves Chris more than me. Thank goodness I come with food! If she takes after me in the food area, then the playing field will be even.

4 comments:

Chris and Jane said...

I can use food to get Haven's affection; I have been doing that with you for years now. BTW...I actually teared up when I felt her, and no, it was not because UT was winning (those tears of joy came later), and yes, that does mean I have at least a basic set of emotions...I think.

Chris

Carrie said...

awwwww... the sweetness here is just about overwhelming! I personally enjoy your baby posts. I think it is cute. Keep it up!

Chris and Jane said...

Ok...Ok, so it was because UT was winning but doesn't that mean I do have emotions???

Faerl Marie said...

I love the name Haven! It is as delightful as your little daughter is sure to be.

Chris, I also tear up when UT is winning and that does prove that you have emotions!
Congratulations ya'll. I don't think I can say that enough! (Aldo congrats to all you UT fans out there, we are gonna trash Baylor on Saturday!)