Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Because


You know that saying, you don't know what you've got until it's gone? I hope that never applies to my relationship with Chris. For as long as I can remember, I've always thought that Chris McKean was pretty special. Even when I was 9 years old and was bossing him around (back then he always did what I said), teasing him for the way he said "pillow," and coaxing him to take me on the motorcycle, he was the guy who made me smile.


It's been a little over 3 years now. We've lived together in sometimes marital bliss and sometimes quite the opposite. But, Chris has never ceased to be the only one I've ever wanted to spend my life with; and really the only one I can imagine spending my life with happily.


Since we've found out that a new addition is on the way, though, the very best parts and traits of my husband have really come out. They are always there, but certain circumstances tend to bring them to the surface. I don't know how I managed to snag this handsome man who will cook 3 different dinners for me since my pregnant tummy is pretty picky right now. He insists on going to the grocery store for a bag of nectarines that I mention in passing sound really good to me. He encourages me to stop cleaning the house like a maniac and take a nap when he is getting up at 5 in the morning to go to work. He decides to focus his free time on getting our house fixed up so we can make his favorite room, the office, into a nursery. There aren't many men like him in the world. He truly is being the servant of all around here. And there aren't many traits more admirable, or dare I say, more sexy than that. I hope our baby resembles his (or her) daddy in the truly selfless way he loves.

1 comment:

Chris McKean said...

Thank you Honey.
Love Chris