Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Shocking Lunar Market




The Lunar Market was quite a sight to behold. It was also held the most disturbing things I've ever seen. The vendors sell nuts and spices and vegetables and fruit and meat. Unfortunately, a good deal of the meat was yet to be slaughtered. There were large white bunnies waiting to be hacked in their cages. Their more unfortunate counterparts littered a cloth with bloody entrails and poor little white rabbit feet were scattered on the ground. There were geese awaiting their fate, the typical chicken, horrible looking fish half dead in pans of water. I saw goat heads, pig heads, and slaughtered dogs lying in a heap in a wagon. This wasn't as terrible as seeing a rabbit being skinned. I saw it from a distance. Aaron told me later that it was skinned alive. I can handle all the dead animals and knowing that they are feeding hungry people. But, it makes me very angry that anyone could be cruel enough to skin something alive. Carrie assured me that this isn't a normal practice here, and indeed, I watched them kill a chicken, and it seemed very decent. Needless to say, I'm not very happy right now.

No comments: